The Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat (CSAS) coordinates the peer review of scientific issues for the Department of Fisheries and Oceans. The different Regions of Canada conduct their resource assessment reviews independently (tailored to regional characteristics and stakeholder needs) through regional Centres for Science Advice.
The principles that guide the Science Advisory Process are:
- being timely, responsive and flexible to client needs,
- employing the most appropriate and credible scientific methods,
- providing technical review on the full range of regional resource management issues,
- involving industry, stakeholders, and outside scientific experts in the review process,
- providing a visible and public document trail, and
- fostering interaction with the other regional processes, as well as facilitating the advancement of resource science through zonal and national meetings and workshops.
Centre for Science Advice: Maritimes
Tana Worcester: Coordinator (902-426-9920)
Valerie Myra: Administrative Assistant (902-426-7070)
Lisa Savoie: Secretary (902-426-5840)
1 Challenger Drive, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B2Y 4A2
- Date modified: